We are going to be switching on the Christmas Lights on the 16th November AT 5.PM, so please put this date in your diary. We are trying to make this a special event and must give special thanks to Forest farm, Hi-Tide and James shoe repair who have all been very generous. It is not to late to get involved and all help is very welcome. We are working hard to change this High Street and the work that Danny Diy, Martin Pizza hut and Angie Tootsie have been putting in needs a special mention, please remember this is all being done in our spare time our businesses dont run themselves? so please go the extra mile and make the High Street better for all.
Together we can make the difference.
A big thank you to Lee Scott our MP who we have asked to get Blue Chip Companies into the High Street i.e. Marks and Spencors and the Body Shop these will help everyone as they will bring people to the High Street who would go to loughton, Ilford etc
We are making this Christmas the best that Barkingside has seen, by:
1. Having better christmas lights with a generous donation of £1000 from some of the businesses.
2. Switching the lights on Friday 16th November.
3. By having Jugglers and Clowns for the kids supplied by the Great British Circus.
4. Trying to arrange a brass band for the night.
5. Father Christmas will be in town.
6. We have chosen Haven House as our charity for this event and the buddies will be at the switch on.
We are trying to arrange more exciting events for Christmas in Barkingside , so please don't sit back and let everyone else do the work get involved?
What we must also do is put decorations in our shops and windows so the High Street is glowing and also on the weekend of the continental market that our staff do not park in the High Street or the side roads, we must give people a chance to enjoy our High Street. You are doing this not for me but doing this for your own business this is why we have the partnership.